Position type: Choice Health & Fitness
Choice Health & Fitness is looking to hire part-time Cleaning Crew Members to join our team. If you have a great attitude, work ethic, keen eye for details and want to be a part of a positive, active environment, please apply today. Primarily responsible for cleaning locker rooms, restrooms and the building in general. Opening and closing shifts available.
CLEANING CREW MEMBER / MAINTENANCE ASSOCIATE
JOB SUMMARY: Provides excellent service to Choice Health & Fitness members, guests and co-workers in performing all housekeeping duties. This position must also provide a clean, sanitary, comfortable, orderly and satisfying surroundings.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for cleaning buildings and keeping areas neat and tidy.
- Perform primary cleaning assignments listed below and initial assigned area checklists:
- Wash, sort, and fold towels and other articles.
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Clean buildings by emptying trash, sweeping, and cleaning surfaces.
- Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture and scrub surfaces clean.
- Clean and service restrooms and locker rooms with mops and disinfectants.
- Identify and report possible repairs.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment. Notify coordinator/supervisor concerning the need for repairs or additions to facility operating systems.
- Set-up and arrange tables and chairs to prepare facility for special events.
- Meet customer service standards and policies established by Choice Health & Fitness.
- Portray an image to the general public that would be consistent with the Park District goals and objectives.
- Create an environment of energy, productivity, and professionalism while inspiring greater health and happiness for Choice Health & Fitness members. Operate as an effective member and leader of the cultural environment as defined by Choice Health & Fitness.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
This position demands good physical and mental health. The candidate will be required to lift, carry, walk, sit, push, pull and work a flexible schedule, must be able to move continuously during work hours and able to lift and/or carry 50 to 75 pounds. Candidate must possess the ability to deal effectively with staff and the general public.
This position reports directly to the Maintenance Coordinator and/or Maintenance Supervisor. Damage to both public and private property is possible. Personal injury to employees, other workers, and the general public may also occur. This position is performed in the Choice Health & Fitness facility.
STARTING WAGE: $10 / hour
Download an application from the employment webpage or pick up an application at our Customer Service front desk at Choice Health & Fitness!
For more information, please contact Shannon Fitzpatrick, the Human Resources Associate at Choice Health & Fitness.