Grand Forks Parks and Recreation Foundation
As the Grand Forks Park District continues to enhance the lives of those in our city, we ask that you consider contributing to our foundation, which will provide valuable support in the development of programs, facilities and parks, benefiting not only the children and families of today, but future generations to come.
Check out our new foundation website at
Our Foundation Mission
Contribute to and promote healthful lifestyles in our community through the development and enhancement of parks, playgrounds, recreational facilities, programs and activities for all people of Grand Forks, regardless of age, physical ability or economic position.
Our Foundation Vision
The Grand Forks Parks and Recreation Foundation is committed to the development and utilization of funds to progress the betterment of our community. Some ideas include, but are not limited to:
- Provide financial support to children who may otherwise be unable to participate in Park District programs due to family financial constraints.
- Continue to develop and enhance programs offered through the Park District to all children and adults, regardless of age and/or ability.
- Prioritize needs regarding the maintenance and upgrades of existing facilities, as to continue providing programs in safe and quality environments.
- Develop new parks and facilities based on the ever-changing needs of the community.
- Support youth groups and projects, which focus on risky behavior prevention and promote healthful decisions and opportunities.
Ways to Give
Most gifts take the form of cash donations. It is as
easy as writing a check or using your credit card.
Checks should be made payable to the Grand Forks
Parks and Recreation Foundation.
Many, if not most people own some form of life
insurance policy, which can play a very important
role when planning future giving. Life insurance
for cheritable donation purposes can be accomplished
by 1) the transfer of ownership of an existing
policy to the Grand Forks Parks and Recreation
Foundation, or 2) the purchase of a life insurance
policy, which names the Grand Forks Parks and
Recreation Foundation as the beneficiary.
Planning for giving can include long-term appreciated
securities or real estate as an option for donation.
This option can also generate a favorable tax
benefit over a long period of time.