The Grand Forks Park District Strategic Master Plan is the initial system wide plan for the District. The Plan provides a framework for decision making for future service delivery and resource allocation. The Plan process began in May, 2014 and concluded in April of 2015. The Plan covers a 5 year period, 2016 through 2021.
The goals of the Plan include:
- Review of Mission.
- Development of a public input process to ensure the Plan is aligned with the needs of the community.
- Distribution of a statistically valid survey, the 2014 Community Survey, to further identify community needs.
- A thorough review of the City of Grand Forks Recreation and Open Space plan.
- A thorough inventory of existing park and recreation assets and recommendations for future development.
- An inventory of all programs and recreation services offered by the Park District as well as identified opportunities and future trends for parks, programs, and facilities with particular emphasis on health and wellness opportunities.
- Alignment with other City initiatives, the City’s update of the 2040 Land Use Plan, and Public Arts Commission.
- Recommendations of future positioning of the District.
The Grand Forks Park District Strategic Master Plan 2016 – 2021 was prepared by Heller and Heller Consulting, Inc.