Soccer – Registration will begin July 15th.
Recreational soccer is offered in the fall and spring for youth Pre-school through 6th grade and is sponsored by the Grand Forks Park District.
Ages: Pre-school through 6th grade
(Pre-schoolers must be 4 years old by Aug. 1, 2014.)
- Teams: Pre-school and Kindergarten teams will be co-ed. All other teams are either boys or girls. Teams are formed on a basis according to grade, school, or number of registered players.
Sunflake Soccer Fall Season
No cancellations at this time
- Please read this 2014 Registration Info sheet
- Start Registration: July 15
Activity Codes for online registration
123123-00 – Pre-School
123123-01 – Kindergarten
123123-12 – Grades 1-2
123123-34 – Grades 3-4
123123-56 – Grades 5-6
- End Registration: Aug 15
All practices and games dates are weather permitting
- First Practice: Sept 8th or Sept 9th (depending on age group)
- First Games: Sept. 20 (all age groups)
- Last Saturday Games: Oct 18
End of Sunflake Spring Soccer: Oct 18
Schedules – (Game & Practice)
Volunteer Coaches – I volunteered, now what?
Many first time coaches volunteer or are volunteered to the job. First things first…Relax. Relax and think about how much fun you are going to have.
Goal: Create a fun, learning soccer environment for your players in training and in games.
How? Talk to the Program Director and request helpful coaching materials and coaching aids.Talk to other Soccer Coaches in the program or in your community who have worked with these age groups before.
Prepare a list of simple and clear rules for your players and their parents. Introduce yourself to the team. Conduct a preseason meeting to review these rules and to go over other important information.
Consider the following:
- Schedules and locations for training sessions and games.
- Drop off and pick up times for training sessions and games.
- Player responsibilities and behavior at training sessions and games.
- Parent responsibilities and behavior at training sessions and games.
- Player equipment (Everyone should bring a ball & have shin guards)
- Coaching equipment
- Discuss the procedure for canceling training sessions and games.
It’s about player development, not winning and losing!
- Provide proper age appropriate activities at training sessions and games.
- Assure that training and playing areas are safe.
- Make sure that all players are wearing the correct equipment and that it is appropriately sized.
- Make sure that you are assisted by another adult when coaching the players (This includes the time when players arrive and when they depart from training sessions and games).