Recreational soccer is offered in the fall and spring for youth Pre-school through 2nd grade and is sponsored by the Grand Forks Park District.
Spring Season: April – May , 2017
(Registration Deadline: March )
Fall Season: September 6 – October 15, 2016
(Registration opens July 12)
Ages: Pre-school through 2nd grade
(Pre-schoolers must be 4 years old by September 1, 2016.)
Teams: Pre-school and Kindergarten teams will be co-ed. All other teams are either boys or girls. Teams are formed on a basis according to grade, school, or number of registered players.
3RD – 6TH GRADE SOCCER is now run by the Greater Grand Forks Soccer Club. Visit the GGFSC website for more information.
Sunflake Soccer 2016 Fall Season
Please read this: 2016 Fall Sunflake Soccer Info Sheet
Start Registration: July 12, 2016
Activity Codes for online registration
- 123123-00 – Pre-School
- 123123-01 – Kindergarten
- 123123-12 – First Grade
- 123123-21 – Second Grade
Deadline extended to August 24, 2016
All practices and games dates are weather permitting
First Practice: Week of September 6, 2016
First Games: September 17, 2016 (all age groups)
Last Saturday Games: October 15, 2016
End of Sunflake Fall Soccer: October 15, 2016
Schedules – (Game & Practice)
All Practices start at 6:00pm
Bringewatt Park – Field Maps
I volunteered, now what?
Many first time coaches volunteer or are volunteered to the job. First things first…Relax. Relax and think about how much fun you are going to have.
Goal: Create a fun, learning soccer environment for your players in training and in games.
How? Talk to the Program Director and request helpful coaching materials and coaching aids.Talk to other Soccer Coaches in the program or in your community who have worked with these age groups before.
Prepare a list of simple and clear rules for your players and their parents. Introduce yourself to the team. Conduct a preseason meeting to review these rules and to go over other important information.
Consider the following:
- Schedules and locations for training sessions and games.
- Drop off and pick up times for training sessions and games.
- Player responsibilities and behavior at training sessions and games.
- Parent responsibilities and behavior at training sessions and games.
- Player equipment (Everyone should bring a ball & have shin guards)
- Coaching equipment
- Discuss the procedure for canceling training sessions and games.
It’s about player development, not winning and losing!
- Provide proper age appropriate activities at training sessions and games.
- Assure that training and playing areas are safe.
- Make sure that all players are wearing the correct equipment and that it is appropriately sized.
- Make sure that you are assisted by another adult when coaching the players (This includes the time when players arrive and when they depart from training sessions and games).